Skip to main content

News

Man dies in Osun auto crash

A man lost his life on Wednesday along the Gbongan-Ife expressway, Osun State, while another individual sustained injury in a lone auto crash involving an articulated vehicle. According to Federal Roads Safety Corps (FRSC), Osun State command, the accident, which occurred around the Onirin area, a few kilometres from Ile-Ife, Osun State, at about 8:45 am was caused by brake failure. The state’s sector commander, T. A. Sokunbi, in a statement, indicated none of the occupants of the white colour Foltom commercial truck, marked T-7852 LA used a seat belt or any protective gadget before the auto crash occurred. The vehicle, driven by one Akeem Are Aderinsoye, conveying carbonated drinks, spilled its contents on the expressway. Sokunbi, who cautioned drivers against excessive speed, charged them to always ensure that their vehicles are in good condition before embarking on any journey. “The Injured victim was rushed to Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex (OAUTHC), Ile-Ife f...

Nationwide Strike Begins Tuesday – Labour

 


The organised labour has directed its members to commence nationwide strike over the assault on Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) President, Joe Ajaero, starting from midnight of Tuesday, November 14, 2023.

The organised labour comprising Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress of Nigeria, said all affiliate unions of the two labour centres had been directed to implement the resolutions of the joint National Executive Council of TUC and NLC.

President of TUC, Festus Osifo, who addressed reporters at Labour House, said the strike would remain until “governments at all levels wake up to their responsibility.”

Osifo specifically said the organised labour was baffled that despite an ultimatum given to the government, the Area Commander that led attacks on Ajaero was yet to be sacked from the police force and prosecuted.

The labour leader also wondered why the police was yet to arrest and prosecute the leader of an alleged killer squad.

He said, “We also stated that the area commander that led the police to carry out the brutalisation should be relieved of his duties and he should be prosecuted.

“Then, Chinaza, whom everybody knew that led the thugs should also be arrested and prosecuted. We have a list of our demands. We gave an ultimatum that initially expired Wednesday last week.


Comments

Popular Posts